Ailish Daly, M.A. Art Therapy
expression and reflection through art making
Ailish Daly is an Art Psychotherapist with an MA from Crawford and CIT. She holds a BA in Psychological Studies and English from NUIG. She is a registered member of the Irish Association of Creative Arts Therapists (IACAT); the regulating body for creative arts therapists in Ireland. She attends regular supervision with a senior art therapist as per IACAT code of ethics guidelines.
She is a self-taught artist and fully believes in the healing properties of art and the creative potential of all people.
She has experience in community adult mental health and with primary school children and people with disabilities. She strives to make art psychotherapy a more integrated part of education and community settings. She is based in Galway city but open to working in other areas.
She worked as a volunteer and a language teacher in Sri Lanka, Spain and Peru and is highly capable of working with people for whom English is a second language.
- Creative Connections: Arts and Disability Conversation and Showcase organised by Arts and Disability Ireland- January 2016
- 13th European Arts Therapies Conference: Cultural Landscapes in Arts Therapies: participation, diversity and dialogue; Palermo, Sicily 16-19 September 2015.
- Critical Perspectives in Mental Health Conferences UCC organised by the School of Applied Social Studies and School of Nursing and Midwifery UCC in association with the Critical Voices Network Ireland.
- Critical Perspectives On and Beyond Activism and Acts of Resistance- November 2016
- Critical Perspectives On and Beyond the Therapy Industry- November 2015
- Critical Perspectives On and Beyond Diagnosis- November 2014
- Critical Perspectives On and Beyond Meanings of Madness- November 2013